The Oklahoma Heart Institute Cardiovascular MRI Department has a long history of performing clinical research. For more information regarding research studies or to inquire about participation contact Miriam Brooks RN, BSN, CCRC at 918-878-2439 or at email@example.com.
Future Clinical MRI Research
- SCMR – CMR for Progression in AMI. An international, multi-center NIH-sponsored trial of CMR vs. echocardiography in acute MI to predict outcomes.. The study is being planned by the Clinical Trials Committee of the SCMR.
- NIH challenge grant proposal to study microvascular disease/myocardial injury in patients with TTP. They want to partner w/U of Oklahoma to achieve the needed sample size leveraging another big TTP center and want to subcontract with OHI to send the patients here to have the CMR.
- MagnaSafe Trial, Scripps Clinic, LaJolla CA. The MagnaSafe Registry is a prospective multi-center study designed to determine the safety of nonthoracic 1.5T MRI for patients with implanted cardiac devices. Patients with pacemakers or ICDs scheduled for a clinically-indicated MRI will be invited to enroll in the study.
Current Clinical MRI Research
- DETERMINE Trial. The ability of delayed enhancements cardiovascular MRI to predict ventricular arrhythmias and sudden cardiac death.
- Cardiovascular MRI Acquisition in Real Kids – C-MARK. Longitudinal Assessment of Cardiac Morphology in Pre- and Post-Pubescent Children acquired using Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Healthy Pre-Pubescent Children between 7-10 yrs. old are being enrolled. An Oklahoma Heart Institute initiated trial.
- MRI/Pacemaker and ICD safety study. The Safety and Appropriate Programming of Permanent Cardiac Pacemakers and Permanent Cardiac Defibrillators during Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging. An Oklahoma Heart Institute initiated trial.
Past Clinical MRI Research
- Berlex Myocardial Infarction Trial. A Multicenter, single-blind, randomized, intraindividual study of the safety and efficacy of Magnevist Injection at 0.1 and 0.2 mmol/kg for the depiction of delayed enhancement in patients with documented myocardial infarction. Sponsored by Berlex.
- ALIVE Trial. A 52 week study to evaluate the efficacy of Lotrel and benazepril/hct in the regression of left ventricular hypertrophy by MRI in patients with high risk hypertension. Sponsored by Novartis.
- MS-325-19 Trial. A Phase II Study for the Sequence Optimization of MS-325 (gadofosveset) for imaging the Arterial Wall, Protocol. Objective of the study is to optimize high resolution imaging with MS-325 (gadofosvoset) of vessels to characterize vascular wall structures. The study had 2 parts: 1.Sequence optimization in healthy volunteers. 2.Sequence validation in patients. Sponsored by EPIX pharmaceuticals.
- PAD Study.
- Berlex PAD Trial. Randomized, multi-center open label study of the safety(open-label) and efficacy(open-labeled & blinded reader) of Magnevist Injection-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) at two dose levels and 2-dimensional-time-of flight(2D-TOF) MRA in patients undergoing MRA of the infrarenal aorta and peripheral arteries with intra-arterial digital subtraction arteriography as standard of reference. Sponsored by Berlex.
- ne to assess the diagnostic accuracy of DOTAREM-enhanced MRA over non-enhanced MRA TOF technique for non-coronary arterial disease by comparing the degree of agreement at the patient level of each MRA method with the gold standard (x-ray angiography). Sponsored by Guerbet.
- PAD Study. Evaluation of DOTAREM-Enhanced MRA Compared to Time-of –Flight MRA in the Diagnosis of Clinically Significant Non-Coronary Arterial Disease. Sponsored by Guerbet.
- Myocardial Infarction Study. A Double-Masked, Randomized, Multicenter, Phase 2, Dose Ranging Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of OptiMARK to Identify the Presence, Location, and Extent of Sub-chronic/Chronic Myocardial infarction based on hyperenhancement. Sponsored by Mallinckrodt, Inc.
- Myocardial perfusion and viability trial. Phase II study. Amersham Health.
- Myocardial Perfusion Trial. Phase II study. Sponsored by Berlex.
- Tolerability and Safety of MCC135A. A Phase II Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-controlled, Dose Comparative Study of the Efficacy, Tolerability and Safety of MCC135 in subjects with chronic heart failure, NYHA II/III. Sponsored by Mitsubishi-Tokyo Pharmaceuticals.
- MARRVEL Trial. Left ventricular function in patients after MI. An SCMR Trial.